Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Granola Bars...YUMMY!


So as many of you know I am allergic to gluten. I am always on the look out for healthy snacks that I can eat and even take on the go if I need to. I looked in all the health food stores around here and couldn't really find a good granola type bar that I enjoyed. I look for different recipes and altered several and came up with this. We all love them in our household and they are sooooooo easy to make.

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

1/2 cup of honey
2/3 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of oats (I used Bob's Red Mill GF rolled oats)
2 cups of puffed brown rice cereal (gluten free and low sugar)
however many raisins you desire

Put the honey in a medium size pot and put it on low heat. Stir constantly. You want it to thin out and be melty but not to boil. When it gets to that point you can add in the peanut butter. Stir this until it gets really smooth. At that point turn of the heat and stir in your oats and rice cereal. Add the raisins or whatever dried fruit you would like. After everything is stirred together I lay out some parchment paper, dump everything out and form into a square. After I let them harden up a little bit I cut them put them in a storage container and put them in the refrigerator. Enjoy! (oh and you really could alter them anyway you like...add nuts, more oats than rice cereal, etc...)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey!

    These sound so good! I'm going to give them a try tonight and tell my sister. She does gluten free too!

    Hope you guys are doing well! I love reading the updates.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete