Thursday, January 15, 2009

Praying for Our Children

This morning I was reading and stumbled upon this and thought it was great.  I know sometimes I am not quite sure what exactly I should be praying for Nathanael.  Bryan and my desire is for Nathanael to be saved and to fall deeply in love with his Savior.  To have specific scripture to pray is important so hopefully you can find this as helpful as I did.

Texts to Pray for Our Children
by Jon Bloom

That Jesus will call them and that no one will hinder them from coming.  Matthew 19:13-15

That they will respond in faith to Jesus' faithful, persistent call.  
2 Peter 3:9

That they will experience sanctification through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit and will increasingly desire to fulfill the greatest commandments.  Matthew 22:37-39

That they will not be unequally yoked in intimate relationships, 
especially marriage. 2 Cor. 6:14

That their thoughts would be pure.  Philippians 4:8

That their hearts would strive to give generously to the Lord's work.  Exodus 35:29

That when the time is right they will GO!  Matthew 28:18-20






No comments:

Post a Comment