Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Halle Joy

We are having a GIRL! We've decided on Halle Joy for her name. I have loved Halle since we started talking babies in the beginning of our marriage almost 11 years ago. I had no idea what it meant, I just liked it, which is the opposite of how we named our boys. We have always been really big on the meanings of their names. So one of my friends the other day mentioned to me that she thought Halle was short for "Hallelujah." So Bryan started researching what the meaning of Halle was in Accordance. Sure enough Halle is short for Hallel(in Hebrew), which means "Song of Praise!" It was a chant of praise consisting of Psalms 113 through 118, used during Passover and on certain other holidays.

We have a healthy baby girl who is supposed to join us August 15th. She is going to be well loved by all these boys in our house and a momma who has always wanted a little girl. Yesterday I was reminded, as I talked with a friend who had just gone to a regular doctor's appointment and the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat, that Halle is the Lord's and He is good in all things. I am thankful daily for that day that I have a healthy baby girl growing inside of me knowing that she is a gift. Thankful for my little, Halle Joy.



3 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful name!! Praise God for a healthy growing baby girl! We are so, so happy for you and Bryan and the boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Congrats :) how exciting to hold a sweet little girl in your tummy!

    ReplyDelete