Saturday, October 31, 2009

SURPRISE!!! 30th Birthday Weekend!













So last Saturday was my 30th birthday. Yes I know I am getting really old. In lough of that fact my sweet husband planned a FULL Surprise 30th birthday weekend. It began on Friday night...he surprised me by having some of our friends, Jake and Debbie, come in from Nashville to spend the weekend with us. Friday night was Debbie's birthday so these guys had been scheming and planning for weeks to make this weekend extra special for us!

Friday night we went to Cite, it was a fine dining restaurant that was up on the 70th floor looking out over downtown Chicago. It was beautiful. We had a great time talking, laughing and eating. I think it might have been the record for my longest dining experience. 4 HOURS! :) After we ate we were all very tired so both couples retired to their hotel rooms for the night with a scheduled meeting time of 9:30 AM.

We got to sleep in a little bit, got ready and met down in the lobby. Little did we know that we would be going all the way to Paris. We walked a few blocks and ended up in this really cute store called the Chopping Block. There was cool cooking stuff but on the bottom floor we walked into a huge room all set up for COOKING LESSONS! Debbie and I have always wanted to take cooking lessons and our men set it up for all 4 of us...that's right they took them with us. We made food that you could find in Paris and then got to eat what we made. We had so much fun, and I would love to take a more extensive class again someday when my boys are older.

After our cooking lessons we went and checked out of our hotel and went walking down the Magnificent Mile. At the end of the Mag Mile they surprised us with an hour and a half massage. It was actually one of the best massages that I have ever had!

That night after all of this we came home to pick up my mom (who was keeping the kids) and we all went out to Morton's to get a very yummy steak. It was fun for Jake and Debbie to get to meet my mom and we all had great conversation.

I had so much fun and am so thankful for a husband who is thoughtful and plans fun things for us to do! I will post some pics of our fun weekend. :)

2 comments: