Monday, April 27, 2009

Mexican Meatballs



So I had no clue what I was going to make for dinner tonight all that I knew was that it was going to be something with ground beef.  I was talking to Lori on the phone and I asked her for ideas for dinner... one of the things she said was meatballs.  Bryan is not a huge fan of meatballs so I decided to change it up a little and make some Mexican meatballs.

I dug around in my refrigerator and found some different items that are used when cooking Mexican style meals.  So, I made Mexican Meatballs and boy did they come out yummy!  I have to share what I did with you.  All of these measurements are not exact so just do what looks good to you...


Mexican Meatballs

Preheat oven to  400 degrees.

1 pound of ground meat
handful of cilantro, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 onion finely chopped
1/4 bell pepper finely chopped
handful of bread crumbs
1 egg beaten
1 big handful of grated pepper jack cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and make good size meatballs.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.  Enjoy!

I served this with black beans (I added a tbls. or so of Rotel for a little kick) and rice.  Yummy!

1 comment: